Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bienvenidos!!!



Welll.... I guess I should say bienvenidos a la viva bueno!!! I'm not even sure if thats translated correctly but there you go! I figured that was an appropriate blog name because of all the wonderful things that have happened, and are happening, in my life.

-I recently (last August) returned from my 2 years service mission for my church.

-Four months after being home, I was engaged to my oh-so-amazing fiance, Miss Mackenzie Mitchell!

-Since I've been home, I have done A LOT better in school compared to before I left for my mission.

-I have the opportunity to teach Sunday School at my church every Sunday! I love it cause it keeps me in the missionary mindset!

-I have the best roomates! They are so great to me and help make me better person.

-And to top it all off... I have the BEST family in the world! They love and support me no matter what!


Although I do have all these great things going on, I dont mean to say that my life is perfect... cause in reality it is far from it. I have plenty of chalenges and often times feel insecure, overwhelmed, and underachieved. I wont go into all the bad things, but I'm glad that they are there! With out opposition, there would be no growth! It is our trials that makes us stronger. Come to think of it, the thing that utlimately makes my life the good life, is the hope that I am living my life according to the standards that God has set for me. That is where the true joy comes from. Sorry if this is sounding like a sermon, thats not my intention, I just find it hard to speak about what makes me happy with out mentioning the root of all true joy, Christ. But yah... thats all I got right now. Hopefully I can keep this blog thing up! Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. I'm taking your blog "V" card. You do have a great life Austin, but you have earned it. Your such a good friend and example of being upright in all things pertaining to the Lord. Thanks for always being a great example. Kenzie is lucky to have found a great guy like you, and vice versa. Here's to keep on living the "good life!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. nuggggahh!!

    putn dat purrrrr spekkk tivvv on em!!!!!

    strait up outa dat 214!!!

    ahahaa!!!

    well..its bien venu(s) in french! but thanks for standing tall! when im so fast to duck!! thanks for helping others reach that level!

    GAMETIME

    salut
    john

    ReplyDelete
  3. You my friend, are one lucky S-O-B! I love ya and your beautiful (in case she reads this) fiance! Inspire me!

    ReplyDelete